Perfect for anyone looking for something new.
This recipe is also high in protein, perfect for those who go to the gym.
Preparation time: 10 minutes,
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes.
- 1 tin of tuna
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 small – medium onion
- Splash lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan
1. Drain the tuna, slice the onion, crush the garlic and add to the mixing bowl
2. Slice the bread into as many small pieces as possible and add this to the other ingredients in the bowl.
3. Mix together thoroughly
4. Crack the egg into the mixture and mix together along with the lemon juice and mayonnaise until everything is combined.
5. Add the flour and mix [ This will ensure the burgers are not as sticky and won’t stick to the frying pan]
6. Take roughly a palm sized amount of the mixture and mould into a burger shape until all the mixture has gone.
7. Heat the oil in the frying pan and add the burgers
8. Cook for 3-4 minutes each size or until golden brown.
9. Add to bun and serve whilst hot.
Tip: Try adding chilli or mustard to the mixture for a spicier burger.
Let me know what you think via Twitter or share a comment below.