I remember when I made this recipe. It was during my first year at university and I had been craving soup all week.
It was then I decided to see if I could make a decent dish out of the abundance of mushrooms I had been left with.
Not only is this recipe cheap, it’s simple and takes 30 minutes or less.
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 – 20 minutes
- Large saucepan
- Hand blender/Food processor
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Measuring jug
- 250 -300G mushrooms
- 1 Large onion
- 2 Large knobs of butter
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 500ML chicken stock (made with 2 stock cubes)
- Salt and pepper.
- Pinch of parsley
- Add butter to the pan.
- Chop garlic and onion.
- Add to the saucepan.
- Fry for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Whilst onions are cooking, chop the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the saucepan.
- Cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to boil.
- Add the salt, pepper and parsley.
- Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Once simmered, bring the pan off the boil and blend using a hand food processor.
- Serve immediately.